Followers

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Stamp and Cut fun...

Hello craft loving friends. I have been busy making a few cards again. I can't wait to share.

Archiver's is now carrying some new Stamp and Cut sets by Hero Arts. I splurged on getting three of them. If you spent over a certain amount you get a free stamp set, pictured in the center on the bottom.  I just loved the clouds so much I had to try them first. 


I had this piece of card stock that I had kicking around. I had used distress ink on it fading from yellow to orange to red. I knew it would make a great sunset. I cut the clouds out of it. I stamped the greeting, "always thinking of you," on the middle cloud. The inside of the card also says, "Thinking of You." It's hard to tell from the picture, but I coated the heart in the bird's beak with Glossy Accents.  I love how it turned out. :-) The blue body of the card is the left over remnant from the larger card I made. (Pictured below) I had a small envelope that fit it perfectly. I love using up leftovers!!


 I have also been playing with the July card making kit from Simon Says Stamp. I mixed in some other old supplies that I had around too. I love the long envelopes that were included. They make for a fun difference in the size and shape of the cards I make to go in them.

I used a tiny paper clip from the kit, by Tim Holtz. These are fun, low profile and so cute.


This set is a mix of stamp companies. The large medallion in the background is by Hero Arts, the cross is by Stampin Up. I love how they look together. The gold embossing is stunning.


It is hard to see, but I used a ton of gems to embellish it. The whole thing sparkles.


This is the inside.


 In order to keep my daughters busy this week we made some nightgowns for the American Girl Dolls. Theresa finished hers with some help from me. It turned out so cute! I'm sure we will be making more for the dolls in the future.


Thanks for stopping by to see what I have been up to. I hope to be posting more in the near future. I will be crafting a lot more and the kids will be headed back to school in a few days. I should have more time for my pursuits soon.

1 comment:

*Christie* said...

Everything looks GREAT! I especially love the card with the bird and clouds. Wow. And I recognize the white cards! :)