Followers

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Tag number 3!!

Hi all!  What a crazy busy Saturday we have had around here. I just carved out a little time to make a quick tag. Here is a link to Tim's blog where you can see the original tag and follow along too.

I, once again, didn't have all of the same supplies, so I made something similar with what I have.  I used one of the new Hero Arts stamps that have a coordinating embossing folder. I didn't have any cool cut'n' dry felt, so I colored the stamp with markers and Distress inks.  Then I sprayed it with water and stamped. It has a pretty water colored look to it.  I also sprayed the whole thing with Pearl colored glimmer mist.  I dried it with my heat gun and then put the whole tag through the embossing folder.


I embellished with a greeting by Hero Arts and some old die cuts from Quikutz.  I colored my pearls to look like holly berries too.  I used a Copic marker instead of alcohol inks.  I used some silk ribbon and some hemp twine to top it all off and attach my bell. 


Can you see my embossing and glimmery shine?  I think it looks pretty girly, but I like the effect. It really looks different than Tim's tag.  His is much more graphic.

Thanks again for stopping by to look. I am having fun trying out all the techniques Tim posts.  I hope you are enjoying all the creativity too.

1 comment:

susanne said...

Love your Christmas tag ... beautiful soft watercolour look!