Followers

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Day Two

Wow! Finally!  I tried three times yesterday to upload my pictures so that I could create this blog post. Blogger must have been overwhelmed because it couldn't do it.  Well I woke up early and here I am getting it done early on Saturday morning.  Everyone else must be in bed. :-)

Well if you aren't aware, I'm following along with Tim Holtz as he creates his 12 tags of Christmas. I have followed along in years past as well.  I'm challenging myself to create all 12 tags using the same techniques that Tim uses.  My tags might not all look the same, but I will be trying to learn something new and challenge myself to use only the supplies that I have.

Here is a link to Tim's blog post for tag #2: http://timholtz.typepad.com/my_weblog/2011/12/12-tags-of-christmastag-2.html

When I saw Tim's fabulous card I knew I would need to cut that deer out with my Silhouette. I took more pics yesterday, so here it is in action.


Here is my little deer.  Just like yesterday I decided to use white card stock and then trace it onto sticky back canvas in order to cut it out by hand. 


I have been drooling over Tim's resist papers, but I haven't gotten any yet. I decided to get the same look by stamping onto some craft card stock with my Hero Arts stamp and some Distress inks.  I glued it onto the tag and then cut the excess stamped paper away.  I dried it with the heat gun to make sure the Distress ink was dry.  I then stamped on a holly sprig and repeated the drying process.


I then stamped Merry Christmas with clear ink and embossed it with clear powder. This way I got the same effect as Tim's paper.


I don't have any Picket Fence Distress Stain, so I watered down some acrylic paint and applied it in sections to my tag.


I wet down my tag and wiped off the excess paint as quickly as I could.  I sprayed it with Pearl colored Glimmer Mists and got a similar effect as Tim's Perfect Pearls spray.


As I was letting the tag dry, I traced the deer onto the sticky back canvas and then cut it out.  It didn't take too long.

I liked the grunge board trim that Tim created, but I don't have that die, or gold paint. I thought about it and decided to cut some self adhesive cork with decorative edge scissors and then ink the edges with some Distress ink.


I added some brads and banged them with a regular hammer. Not as cool as the texture hammer, but still seriously fun.


Here is my tag.  I added a little charm around the deer's neck that says Happy Holidays. I put some white paint on it and then wiped it off again to give it just a bit of a washed out look.  Now that I look at it, it looks like a necktie. :-)


The wreath was created with some green fibers that I have.


Thanks so much for stopping by and taking a look at my tag. I hope you are having fun following along.  I know some of you say you aren't crafty, it doesn't matter.  Try making a fun tag for Christmas.  You will feel so good giving it to someone on their Christmas gift.

No comments: