Followers

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Tag #7 and a peek at my prize !

Hello everyone. I'm back again with another tag inspired by Tim Holt's annual event called The 12 Tags of Christmas.  To take a look at all the fun and inspiration on his website, please click on the icon with his name at the top right on my sidebar.  :-)

I didn't have any of that cool craft glassine paper that Tim worked with, so I just took the general look of the second tag that he created and used the inking and stamping techniques he used.  I have to say, even though it might not show on first glance, that this was quite a bit of stamping and inking on this tag.  I used some of the Pumice Stone Distress Stain that I received in my prize package from Tim! (See a picture of what I got at the end of this post.)



Here is a closer view.  I love the depth that all the distressing and background stamping adds.


I found that ribbon at the top mixed in with some fibers. I'm glad I found it, it seems perfect.


Here is a picture of my goodies that Tim and Mario sent.  I got the package yesterday afternoon.  I am thrilled to get to try a few new things.  I sprayed the Perfect Pearls mist on some white paper, just to test it out.  I have to say that the color it imparts is much more subtle than the other mists I already own. I do like it though.  Having just a hint of color is nice.  I tried the Distress Stain today and loved it. I have wondered if you can use it to do some cool techniques on fabric.  I will have to test that out.


Once again, thank you for stopping by and peeking at my projects.  I love to share.  Leave me a comment, and if you are following along too, a link to your blog or photo stream.  I am loving all the creations that everyone else is coming up with.

No comments: