Followers

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Tags #8 & 9

Hi all.  I am combining two tags in one post again.  I enjoyed stepping out of my box on tag #8.  I love the two layers of embossing powder on tag #9.  Following along with Tim is always good for my creativity.  If you would like to take a look at his creations or follow along too, please click on the icon at the top right.  It will take you right to Tim's blog.


Tag #8 was a steam punk tag. As you can see I did not make mine very steamy or very punk. It was super fun though.  I love the robot I cut out with my Silhouette.  I inked him with Pumice Stone Distress Ink and then sprayed him with Pearl colored glimmer mist.  It turns out looking like metal.  I love that trick!  I learned it in the Inspiration Showcase class I took from Jennifer McGuire.  I also cut the gears and the word "Joy" with my Silhouette.  That has been an invaluable tool the past week and a half.

Here is a close up of the robot.  Can you see his shimmer? He really looks like metal.  :-)


Here is tag #9.  I used the Fabric Print background stamp by Hero Arts.  The two layers of clear embossing are so shiny and pretty.   I cut out the candle stick, the word, the flourish, the greenery and the holly leaves all with my Silhouette.  (Invaluable, I tell you!)  The only hard part was leaving it along while the glossy accents dried.  (You know I tend to fiddle with things. :-))


Here is a close up.  I love it!! This tag had some great, but simple ideas. 


Thanks so much for stopping by and looking at my projects.  I am having so much fun creating.  I hope you all are having a wonderful, healthy and safe Holiday season.

2 comments:

GrammySue's Creations said...

Awesome tags and very creative. Great job.

Anonymous said...

WOW both your tags look fab! Your Un-steampunk is so cool. I can see all the 'parts' of tims tag that you used for your card. Very clever. And the Double embossing card looks really rich in tose colours. A great technique.