Followers

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Days #5 & 6

Where did I go?  Did you think that I gave up. Well I almost skipped these tags.  I messed both of them up, TWICE, and felt like moving on to today's tag.  But I persevered and I love how they turned out in spite of the mistakes.  It also didn't help that yesterday I was super busy and baking two batches of cookies and trying to make these tags. 

Here they are.  The red one on the right is the day #5 tag. The white and blue one on the left is day #6. I liked both of these for the techniques.  I learned two things though.  First, if Tim says let it dry completely, then that is what you do.  You let it dry.  Don't touch it.  It took more than 24 hours for the alcohol inks to dry on tag #5. I don't know why, but that was part of my problem.  Once I gave up and left it alone, it dried and I was able to move on.  The second lesson was don't pain acrylic paint onto metal and then put crackle paint on top.  The crackle paint sucks up the acrylic paint underneath and the whole tag sheds like a bad sunburn.  Ewww!  Then you will have to repaint the whole thing.



So I love this. I just got this Fabulous Flourish stamp a few weeks ago and I love it.  It is the perfect background for this tag. Tim is right, the red ink looks all splotchy and cool!  I am pleased with how mine turned out. The wreaths I cut from my Silhouette. I did download the image for .99 cents. I hope that isn't cheating, but I didn't have a wreath.


I don't think I would attach the wreath with staples again. I would just glue it.  I think they look a little messy here, but I was just following a long.


Here is the metal/painted tag for day #6.  Tim was also right about this one. A camera doesn't pick up how shiny and enameled it looks.  I love it.


Sorry, but I had to add some gems to my snowflakes.  Hee! 


Thanks so much for stopping by. Please click on my Tim Holtz link to the right at the top of the screen to see his tags and follow along.  I'll be back soon with more.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

The layering of the two wreaths in #5 is a very cool effect. Love!