Followers

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Boy Birthday cards

Hi everyone.  Thanks for stopping by again.  I noticed that I'm very low on Birthday cards again.  The school year started up again this week and my kids are making lots of new friends and hanging with some old ones too.  I figured it won't be long till some party invitations come their way, so I had better be ready.  I made a couple of boy cards today.  I got the idea while taking my walk/run this morning.  ( No, I can't run very far, so I run a little and then walk a little. )

I started by stamping the crocodile and the greeting in black Momento ink and drying it with a heat gun.  Then I colored them in with my Copic markers.  I punched the shape out with a great punch I have from Stampin Up.  I layered it onto two patterned papers I recently got by Lilybeedesign.

The back ground is the envelope pattern stamped in the same shade of blue as the card stock.


Of course I had to stamp the envelopes too. :-)


I'm loving adding a shadow to my shapes with a grey Copic marker.  The stamped image doesn't look like it's just floating there anymore.  I love the googly eyes.  They make it so much more fun. 


Here is a peek at the inside.


Those alphabet stickers?  Well I'm not much of a sticker user, but I got the matching stickers when I picked up the papers.  The letters are so small they are perfect for a card.  I'll wait until we are ready to use the cards and we can put the child's name on the front with the stickers. It will make it much more personal and fun. :-)


There are a lot of colors to choose from and some of them have a pattern on them.  They are super pretty.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek at what I have been up to.

No comments: