Followers

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

My fruity gum tastes just like these cards!!

Hi all!  Thanks for stopping by.  I saw a challenge on Lucy's blog this week.  I immediately wanted to use my new fruity stamps.  As I was making them I was chewing some fruity gum and decided that these cards were just as sweet and tasty as my treat. ;-)

Here is a peek at the set I made.  I used a variety of products.  The background polka dot is the Hero Arts cling stamp called Cling Dots. (CG139)  The fruity stamps are a set by Stampendous called Little Fruit.  (SSC096)



The cards are actually a little smaller than I normally make.  I had some small envelopes I wanted to use, so each card is made from a 5" X 7" piece of card stock.  The first step was to choose my colors and cut the pieces to size.  I was able to use several pieces of card stock that were scraps. ( I love that!)
Then I stamped the background stamp with Versa Mark ink and used clear Zing embossing powder.


Next I cut 1 and 1/2" circles from white card stock with my Silhouette.  I like having shapes and pieces on hand that I can stamp, or color on hand.  I stamped the fruit with black Momento ink and then colored it with my Copic markers. 


I used a new patterned paper by American Crafts from their Margarita line.  It's called Mariachi.  It's the fun colorful stripe you see in a 1" strip.  Then I added a piece of decorative tape from Pink Paisley.  It is the white with black dots.  I love all the fun dots and stripes.  They add so much fun.


I stamped the greeting in leftover white card stock and cut the small strips.  Then I adhered it all together.  I pop dotted the white circles on for some dimension.


I think this green one is my favorite.  :-) 


Although this little bug is cute too.


Here is the whole set again.  All lined up they are so fun and colorful.  I hope someone special I have planned to give this to will enjoy them.  I am thinking of making a matching notepad just like the last set I made.  I found some cheap notepads on clearance today.  Target was clearing out the back to school items.  :-)

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look at my latest creation. 

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I love matching sets like this one...the bright, happy colors are perfect! Great set!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Fabulous!!!!!!

Great set :)
Maria

margaretart said...

Love the brightness, and how each card could also stand alone. Such fun, and so cute!

Erum Tasneem said...

what a gorgeous set of cards!

Nancy K said...

wonderful set of cards...loving the rainbow of cheerful colors!

Lucy Abrams said...

Love your cute collection - and yes, that green one is adorable!!! Thanks for playing. :)

Jessi Fogan said...

What a gorgeous set! I love punny cards, and cute? are they ever!

Tiffany said...

I love, love, love these!