Followers

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A little sunshine

Hi all!  I hope you are all having a great day.  We have had sunshine in the past few days.  It inspired me to make this happy colored Happy Birthday card.  I was also inspired by some of the cards in the Hero Arts Catalog. http://www.heroarts.com/products/2011Catalog.cfm  Page 21 to be exact. :-)

I used my Silhouette to cut out the sunburst shape out of the dark yellow color.  I put some sky and cloud patterned paper I have behind and it really started to take shape from there.  I had an old sun shaped button in my button collection. I cut off the shank and adhered it with some mini glue dots.  I stamped the grass and house with black Momentos ink and then colored everything in with my Copics.  Before  I adhered the house down I added some cotton from a cotton ball to the chimney and then put some foam adhesive behind the top of the house.  The bottom and the grass are glued flat with some Quicky Glue. I stamped the bird separately and adhered it with some foam adhesive so it would be perched on the roof.

 I stamped a few birds inside too.  They are so stinkin cute I couldn't resist.  All of the stamps are Hero Arts.  I hope it will brighten some one's birthday.  :-)
Thanks for stopping by to take a peek.  Have a great day.

1 comment:

marie said...

I like this card! Hero Arts rocks my socks.