Followers

Friday, January 21, 2011

A Happy birthday with Gray

Hi all!  I hope you all are planning something fun for this weekend. I'm sure glad it's Friday. 

I will be the first to admit I don't always use trendy colors in my cards and scrapbook pages.  I saw a challenge on the Moxie Fab World website and decided it was time I put a little gray in my life. :-) Also this weeks Tuesday Trigger uses gray and brown.  Here is the trigger.



And here is a link to the challenge for using gray in a card: http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2011/01/gray-is-new-black-challenge.html

And here is my card.  I love the softness and calmness of it all.  The Basic Grey patterned paper I chose to use has a little baby blue in it too, so I added some of that in on the label that the sentiment is stamped on.


 The body of the card is gray card stock by Bazzil Basics.  I don't know the shade.  The patterned paper is from the Cappella 6 X 6 paper pad that Basic Grey did awhile back.  The gray and white pearls are also by Basic Grey.  The yellow, chocolate brown and baby blue are all scraps that I had the magically coordinated with the patterned paper.  I cut the label shapes with my Silhouette digital cutter.  I had some doilies left over and this piece of naked chipboard laying in my drawer.  The flourish stamp and the greeting are by Inkadinkado.  I stamped the greeting in Walnut Stain and the flourish in Pumice Stone Distress Inks.  I feel light and airy when I look at it.  :-)   I think I need more gray in my life.

I took a few more pictures of my Amaryllis.  It is blooming now.  I am always in awe of how tall these get.  It stands up so straight with no support.  It is so proud and graceful. 
 The blooms are huge. I love to look at it.  The only drawback is the pollen it is dropping all over the dining room table. 
Thanks for dropping by and taking a peek at what is going on here.  I hope you all have a great weekend.

3 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Love the flourish with the pearls ... and the doily was the perfect design touch.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Jessica! What a pretty approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Jessica! Thanks also for entering the Gray is the New Black challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)