Followers

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

90 Minute Scramble

Hello everyone!

I'm sorry I've been away so long.  I've missed blogging.  Life here has been super busy.  We celebrated a few birthdays, Thanksgiving and have had lots of other things going on to keep us moving. 

This morning I logged into the Hero Arts Flickr group that I'm a member of and found out they were having a 90 minute challenge.  I was so excited because I actually had some time to participate.  The challenges start and are timed.  You have 90 minutes to create a card that fits the criteria.  Today's challenge was to make a 1 layer card.  Here is what I made.
 I stamped the tree and the greeting onto a vanilla colored card, using Forest Moss Distress Ink.  Then I masked off the rest of the card except for the tree, using Post It notes. With just the tree exposed I inked it using Crushed Olive and Forest Moss Distress Inks.  Next I colored in the pot the tree is in using Fired Brick Distress Ink and a blender pen. Then I heated up what I had stamped with a heat gun to dry it.  Next I made 2 masks with more Post It notes.  One for the tree and one for the greeting.  When they were covered up I inked the Music background stamp with Antique Linen ink and stamped over the whole card.   Then I used more of the Antique Linen and then some Tea Dye Distress Inks to ink up the outer edges of the card.  I again heated up the whole card to speed dry the inks.  Last I used Versa Mark ink and gold embossing powder to stamp the gold star to the top of the tree.  I used a Versa Marker to add gold embossing powder to the dots, in between the words of the greeting.  (See the photo below.)  I added some gold cord to the edge of the card last. 
 It turned out looking so soft.  I love it.  I might add some gems to the tree as ornaments.  I can't decide.

You may have noticed a new addition to my blog.  I have re-opened my Etsy shop for the holiday season.  I don't have many items in it yet, but please stop by often to see what is new.  I hope you will find that everything is very reasonably priced.  To get to the shop just click on the picks to the right and the link will take you there.  Below is a sneak peek of what you will find.
I hope you and yours are having a great holiday season so far.  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: