Followers

Friday, November 5, 2010

Oh, how I love my Silhouette machine

Hi everyone.  I normally help in the classrooms at my children's school on Fridays.  Today, no one needed my help so, I came home and decided to indulge in making a scrapbook page.  I had the pictures already printed, and really wanted to take the time to do this.
I was super inspired by this blog post by Sari Carroll.  She showed the same technique on her blog on Monday. http://shari-design.blogspot.com/2010/11/inked-and-stamped-shapes.html  The first step was to cut some shapes with my Silhouette digital cutter and then color them with ink to look like they were patterned paper.  I cut out the Leafy Sprig shape by Hero Arts from the Silhouette store.  The font I used to cut out the title is Bernard MT Condensed.  I also cut out a tab that I put the date on.  As you can see below after the shapes were cut I started to ink them up.
 I used the inks pictured below.  As you can see it gave each shape and letter a lot of color that I blended together using the Ranger ink blending tool.
 After this was done I used my Hero Arts Wood grain design block stamp.  I added a subtle wood grain to all the shapes and letters using Old Paper Distress ink. 

 I find it so challenging to photograph a scrapbook page.  It's much bigger than a card.  You loose a lot of detail in the photo.  Here are some pics of different areas of the final project.
 I love the Leafy Sprig shape.  I had to add some buttons.  :-)  The other stamps I used and the patterned paper were all by Basic Grey.  I used the Basic Notes set and the To Dos set.  They are both from the Basics line.  The patterned papers are from the Green at Heart line.

 I love how the letters I cut out turned out.  They really pop off of that dark brown card stock.

 Here is the whole page. My daughter Theresa figured out how to climb the backyard tree.  In the lower pic. you can see that she was joined by one of our cats.  She loves doing this.  The only problem is climbing back down. :-)  I hope you are having a great autumn too. 
Thanks for stopping by.  Don't forget to comment.  They always make my day.  I love links to all of your blogs too.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

I love your LO, Jess! Thanks for sharing how you did this with the Silhouette. I am thinking of buying one. The results you achieved are amazing. Love this!

Anonymous said...

Finally I can leave comments! I love your work and your pictures really do show great detail. Go Theresa!
~Pam

Chrissy said...

Love the spread Jess! Oh I miss the 3D part of scrappin' ever since I went 100% digital. You're doing fabulous! :)

Michelle said...

Love the way you created these wonderful elements for your layout:-) those trees are gorgeous!