Followers

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Here is day #2

I am so excited to be sharing. I am loving this, following along with Tim, thing. In the years past I just lurked, and looked. Following along is so much better.

I admit that this morning I was up and logging onto the internet to look at his day #3 tags before I had made the kids' breakfast. (Is that wrong?)

Here is my version of the tag for day #2. I used a Stampendous stamp for the greeting and the other two are Tim Holtz stamps from Michael's. I'm so glad my sister gave them to me for my birthday last June. I don't have any little metal flowers to alter (but wasn't that the coolest technique?) so I used a white Hero arts flower instead.


I rubbed copper ink on them and then embossed them with copper embossing powder. Then I layered them on top of each other and used an antique looking brad for the center.



It was as close as I could come. On both yesterday and today's tags I used pearl mixative alchol ink to splatter the tag like Tim did. I don't have any perfect pearls to use, but the shimmery look comes close.

If you are following along with Tim too please leave me a comment and I'll look at your tags.

Thanks for looking.

No comments: