Followers

Friday, December 4, 2009

Day #4 of the tag saga

Here is my tag for day #4 of the 12 tags of Christmas. I have to admit that when I got up this morning and saw the tag for today I was completly stunned. I was freaking out for like 2 hours about how to make a cool pin. I admit that I have only made a little bit of jewelry in the past. I have some odds and ends around here, but nothing as cool as what Tim used on his pin. Then it hit me....I have some fragments. I could make my own thing that way.

I decided that this shouldn't be as grungy, or as multicolored as Tim's tag. I wanted to use a bird stamp, and I thought the wood grain would be a perfect background for that. Then I started layering some stamps and papers that I thought looked good.

The pin turned out just as I wanted. I used a page from an old dictionary that I have. I just ripped it out, put a little Old Paper distress ink on it, and heat embossed a brown bird on top of the word "Wing" on the dictionary page. I put the fragment on top with some Glossy Accents and waited for it to dry. (That was actually hard for me. I sometimes ruin good projects because I'm impatient.) When it was done drying I put some of the same patterned paper used on the tag onto the back of the fragment. Then I added the jump rings and beads and attched the whole thing to the pin.
After the whole thing was done I decided to add the limited edition stamp that I used on the tag to the fragment too. I stamped it on the back.

I basically just took his ideas of having a tag, and matching gift pin, all in one little project. I love how today's turned out. I hope I can give it to a friend who will wear it with pride.
Thanks for looking. Leave me a comment if you are making the tags too. I would love to see your projects.


No comments: