Followers

Monday, December 7, 2009

Catch up time

We have a lot to catch up on. I had a very busy weekend. I had to finish up all the tags last night and this morning. Here are the tags for the last three days of the 12 Tags of Christmas.

Here is the tag for day #5. Tim Holtz created 4 mini ornaments. I created 4 little items that could have been ornaments, but I don't have any wire, so they had to be attached to the tag with brads. If I pick up some wire in the future I could take the brads out and add the wire. Here are some close ups of the little fragments that have my stamped images glued to the back.


You can also see all the stamping I did on the tag itself. I really had fun adding layers on this one. Below is the whole tag. I was pretty excited when I found a stamp in my collection that looked like that German trim Tim used on his tag.

This next tag is for day #6. I didn't have a stamp that was a car or a cool pine tree. I went ahead and heat embossed this stocking on grunge board and cut it out. I inked it up, added the ribbon, and put glossy accents on the holly leaves. The greeting at the top just didn't want to be photographed well. It says "From Our Home to Yours". I enjoyed trying that masking tape techinque that Tim used on the dictionary paper. I did the same on my tag, but a lot of it is covered up by the stocking. I just tried to use the same techniques, since I don't have all the same stamps and supplies.

Here is my tag inspired by Tim's day #7. Once again, I don't have all the same stamps that he does. I decided to stick to the same main technique which was masking. I stamped the greeting and frame on the tag and on a mask. I cut out the greeting and masked it off. Then I proceeded to joyfully cover the rest of the tag in ink. I also stamped a splatter stamp in gold and green with some Mica Magic inks.
Can you see that on the close ups? It's subtle.
I added the fibers and pearls last. I don't have any stickels, so the gems had to do.

I hope you are enjoying the tags. I am sure loving making them each day. It's so true that the more you immerse yourself in trying something new, the more creative you feel.
Check out Tim's tags at www.timholtz.typepad.com
Thank you for looking. Happy Holidays.




No comments: