Followers

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Anniversary Album

Hey everyone! I know it's been awhile since I blogged. I just wanted to post a few pics of the album that I made in honor of our 15th wedding anniversary. It's a gift for Duane when he returns home from a trip.
I found a really nice Kolo album on clearance for $9.00 at Barnes and Noble a few months ago. I hid it away thinking it would be perfect for photos of us. You just can't beat that price for a super nice album. I kept the colors on the cover and the first page in the album the same as the cloth cover. You can't tell in the picture, but the letter stickers are glittery silver. They look so nice with all of the gems I used.

The first page inside is the lyrics to our song. It's "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel. I found the lyrics on www.lyrics.com and just printed them out. The stamped image you see on each page is a new stamp I got from Stampin Up. It's one of their background stamps, called Medallion. I am in love with it. I stamped it with clear Versa Mark ink and then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. That was the trickiest part. Taking apart the album and heat embossing both sides of those large pieces of paper. I made a little bit of a mess with the powder because of how big the pages are.

The flowers are all by Prima and Hero Arts. The gems are by Mark Richards.
Here are just a few of the pages inside. I kept them almost all the same. I turned all the photos black and white and printed them all out at 4 X 6". Of course it's hard to see, but the paper that I used for the photo mats was a white Bazzil Bling. It is all shimmery and shiny on each page.




I kept it simple because I wanted the focus on the photos. I think it turned out perfect. I even left some blank pages at the end. We can fill them in years to come.



I apologize for the poor photography. I think you get the idea though.
I need to credit Jennifer McGuire for the inspiration on the gems and flowers. She always seems to place them just right. Check her out at www.jennifermcguireink.com
I hope that Duane will love it. I'm off to make a matching card for him.
Thanks for looking everyone.







1 comment:

Sabrina said...

I can't wait to look through your 15 year wedding album! It looks so beautiful from the pictures you posted. I'm so happy for you Jess! love you