Followers

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Happy birthday to those comming up.

Hey, I actually spent a little time making some cards yesterday. We have a few birthdays comming up.

This first one was done with some pre-packaged cards and envelopes that I got in the hot spot at work.
This one is my favorite. I lined the envelope with a paper stamped with the same butterfly stamp. I love that I make it so it opens by rotating it where the brad is inserted at the top.
I was able to bend the stamp, that has the greeting on the front, around a curve. I'd seen this done on the internet before, but never tried it myself. It actually works! You can't see it in the photos, but I used my stardust pen to add a little shimmer to the wings of the butterfly.
This last one I did with watercolor paper. I used my die cutting system to cut out the flower and then water colored it. I dry embossed a little line around each petal. It might be hard to see in the photos. I stitched the circle with my wonderful Bazzil stencil.
This last photo is the valentines we gave out for the kid's class. They are about 2" by 4". I kept it simple and small. We had to make 50 after all.
I think that today I'm going to be making some more. I'll also be making some items to post in my Etsy shop. Please take a look. Don't forget to forward a link to anyone you think might be interested.



1 comment:

Emily R. said...

Great cards! Love the butterfly!!