Followers

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Happy Tuesday



Hello everyone. Happy Tuesday. I am working on this bookmark as part of the thank you treat bags for my sister's wedding shower. I just wanted to show you what a nice simple thing you can make from scraps. Yes! I said scraps. The kind that were about to hit the bottom of the trash can.

I was helping Marie make her wedding invitations and on some items included in the envelopes there was trimming involved. We had a big pile in front of us. Marie asked if I wanted them. She had them in her hand and was hovering over the trash can. I looked and realized they were the perfect size for bookmarks. Following her invitation theme I borrowed her cherry blossom stamp.

The red and ivory cardstock is hers. I know she ordered it online from a company that sells in bulk. The pink is a scrap from my scrap stash (it might have come from Archiver's). The stamp is called "cherry blossom" by Rubber Stampede. The ink is a Color Box cats eye fluid inkpad in Chestnut Roan. I colored in the stamped image with a Staedtler water color pencil set and a water brush. The little pearls are Pearls Perles by Mark Richards for Crystal Stickers. The ivory ribbon came from Michaels, its by Offray.

I plan on including one of these for each guest along with something else as a party favor. There will be some variation from one to the next. I will have to get more pink cardstock for the layering. I like it pretty well so far. Perhaps on the other side I should add something that has the shower date and bride's name. Or maybe a little poem with a "Thank you" theme.
Thanks for looking. TTFN!


2 comments:

Aunt Nancy said...

Hi!

So far you are doing a terrific job on your blog!

The pictures are so great.

I look forward to reading more in the future.

Excellent job on the invites, by the way. I have been showing it off to everyone.

xoxo

Marie said...

The cardstock was from Thepapermillstore.com (they use 100% green energy).

And the stamp was ordered off Ebay from Stamping Impressions
http://stores.ebay.com/Stamping-Impressions

I love your new blog, can't wait to see more!