Followers

Monday, June 30, 2014

What have you been crafting?

I am back again with another post to share some things I've made lately. What have you been crafting?

For my birthday earlier this month my sister gave me a gift certificate to go to a fun place we have near here. It's called Whimsy. http://www.whimsypaintandsip.com  You can have a drink, (adult or other kinds too,) a snack and paint. They have classes, or open studio time. I had been there before and taken a class and this time we went and painted whatever we liked. It was so fun.

I painted this...

 Trying to copy a painting they had there that looks like this. What? I needed to drink more? Yes. I like how mine turned out anyway. I can still add more flowers if I find the time.
 Here are a couple of peonies I water colored. I made a card out of the top one that turned out a little lighter.

 I am all out of birthday cards. I made a set of 4 that look like this. I could only fit 3 in the picture. I put diamond stickles on the bodies. They are so pretty.
 I took some great pictures of my girls and re did one of the frames on our stair well. I used some die cutting, stamping and an element from a scrap booking collage sheet I have.
 For my birthday my husband gave me some money to order what I like from Simon Says Stamp. One of the things I ordered was this marbleized stamp by Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous. I am in love with it! I tried it on some watercolor papers and did some stamping with Distress Inks and water spritzing. This first one I embossed with clear embossing powder to give it a wet look.


So more birthday cards were in order. I should have plenty now to last me a little while.
 This one I had a little fun with. I stamped the balloons and then colored them with Distress Inks by applying them with a foam blender. I cut them out and popped them up with foam adhesive. I tied some string to the bottoms like I saw Jennifer McGuire do recently. It turned out pretty cute. The picture shows the embossing very poorly, but it is a tiny star pattern. I stamped some stars on the inside as well with a birthday sentiment.
 I'm also low on Get Well cards so I have made a couple like this with my new favorite stamp as well.
What have you been crafting lately? Cards? Scrap booking? I'll stop by soon to share some more.

1 comment:

Lucinde said...

Great projects, especially love the peonies!