Followers

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Day #4 of Holiday Card Workshop

Day #4 for my Holiday Card Workshop is here. I decided to try out the techniques in Jennifer's cards. I colored one image three ways.  It took me awhile, but I just kept coming back and working on them a little more.

 
 The one on the left is done with water color pencils, the middle with copics and the sky done with chalk pastels, and the right done all in colored pencil.

The stamps are both by Stampendous. The image stamp is V121 Holy Family. The greeting is K043 Script Peace.  I used Momento Tuxedo Black ink so that I wouldn't have to worry about smearing or water fastness.

This is the copic colored one.


This is the watercolor pencil one.


This is the colored pencil one.


I went over the star in each image with the Stardust pen by Sakura. I love that pen!


This was a great exercise in trying different coloring methods to decide on which one you want to use to mass produce. It is also a great way to break up the boredom if you are making a lot of cards and don't want to do the same thing over and over.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I have no idea what copic is, but that one is my favorite. They are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Is stardust the ONLY thing you did to the star? I think I see a rhinestone in the center, but the rest of it looks "thicker."