Followers

Monday, October 22, 2012

Craft Fair Tags

 
Our church has an annual craft fair. All the proceeds go to charity. The parishioners donate hand made crafts and baked goods. I am making a few cards and tags to donate. I had to share these. I love how they turned out.
 
The white card stock is shimmery. It's pretty much impossible to get that to show up on camera. Just picture snow. :-)  On this first one I cut out the pointsetta and the tag on my Silhouette. I stamped some of the flower layers with a Hero Arts background stamp called Scroll Background (S1838). It's an older one, but I still love it. I stamped the Happy Holidays on the front of all the tags with another Hero stamp C3211 - Handwritten Holiday Message. I used black StazOn because that shimmery card stock is a little slick.  I used one pop dot in layering all those petals and leaves. It helped add some height. I actually made two of this tag. The other one looks the same.  The dimension is so fun.
 

 

This next one I also cut out the white tag and the red scroll with my Silhouette. I cut out the green and clear vellum pieces with my paper trimmer from some scraps. I used a wood label shape I got from Studio Calico. I also stamped the tag and the wood with black StayzOn ink. I didn't want any smearing or feathering. It worked beautifully. The greeting on the wood label and the green snowflakes are from a Hero Arts clear stamp set CL343. 

Creating these tags was wonderful. I feel like when I use my Silhouette to make such a dramatic shape that I hardly need much more decoration. I kept the rest of the design simple to show off the beautiful shapes. :-)  Are you getting ready for a craft fair or some holiday giving? Leave me a comment with a link. I love to hear about what everyone else is making too.

Happy Crafting!

No comments: