Followers

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

I'm learning to work in creativity every day

Hello friends. I have been trying to continue fitting in some creative time every day. I might not finish what I started every day, but at least there is some time spent. 
 
This first card I made two of. I used up the last of these birds that I had lying around. I love them. They look so dramatic on every project I put them on. This card uses some Stampin Up patterned paper, Hero Arts Die cut and greeting, a Silhouette die cut bird, Doodlebug twine, and some Nail head gems. It looks kind of Valentine's day colors to me, but I love how it makes me feel. It is like the bird is being lifted out of the gray. 
 

This one was just a quick simple one. I needed a few condolence cards on hand. The gems are hard to see, but I used some red and blue ones in the background.  The patterned paper is from Little Yellow Bicycle. The cross stamp is from Stampin Up.


This last card was fun. I got a new background stamp and decided to put it to the test. I heat embossed it in white embossing powder on watercolor paper. Then I water colored the background with three shades of blue watercolors. I kept it light and breezy in tone. I stamped the greeting on a scrap of blue card stock I had in my stash. I couldn't bear to cover up the background. I think it looks so pretty. The texture is so nice too. I think the recipient will like just looking at the color and textures. I stamped a cross and a condolence greeting inside. Of course I had to add a little sparkle with gems too. :-)
 
Another fun thing is that I've been watching my niece every Thursday. It is so fun to play with someone else's baby! My sister sent me this pic of her eating bananas the other day. She is so easy going and delightful. I just love having her around. :-)
 
Thanks for stopping in and taking a peek at my recent creations. I am having fun getting back into the swing of creating a little every day. It certainly makes me happy to have this time carved out for a little "me time."

No comments: