Followers

Friday, March 16, 2012

Quick shrink plastic earrings

Hi everyone. Thanks for stopping in. I was inspired by something I saw again this past week. Alisa Burke made some chevron patterned earrings with shrink plastic. I loved this idea! I have some shrink plastic kicking around in my craft stash. I had to try it. Take a look at her methods here: http://alisaburke.blogspot.com/2012/03/fashion-friday-chevron-earrings.html

I just had to try it with stamps! I cut out the circles using a circle cutter and some shrink plastic. Then I punched a hole in one. I then used that one as my template for punching the hole in the second one. Please watch my quick little video below to see me shrink them up. 


I had some french hook earring parts and some jump rings already in my stash of stuff as well. Time it took me: about 5 minutes total. Money spend: $0!!

Here are some pictures.


Super easy and simple. I think the white on white will go with a lot of different clothes. Something new, Yay!!

The stamp is by Hero Arts, the ink is by Tsukineko, the earring parts were from Hobby Lobby.

What have you made recently that was made from things you already had on hand? There are lots of jewelry making videos on YouTube. I saw quite a few using shrink plastic. Inspired yet?

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

*Christie* said...

WHAT?! These are awesome!