Followers

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Some old and some new

Hi all! I am stopping in to share some new cards I made quickly today and some older cards that I haven't shared yet.  I was just itching to try some new stamps so I used this new set that I got in my surprise box yesterday.  If you missed it, please read yesterday's post. 

The first two cards use the cling stamp set Unititled Word Shadow by Hero Arts and the Designer Woodgrain background stamp also by Hero Arts.  I was feeling green today. :-) Can you tell?


 I guess I was also really into pearls.  I hope it's not too many. Hee!

The next two cards were ones I created and submitted to a magazine for publishing.  They weren't chosen, so I thought I would share them now. The first one is using the Hero Arts stamp Newspaper Tulips. Tulips are my favorite flower.  When I saw this stamp I had to have it, so my sweet husband let me have it for Christmas. 

I colored it with markers and then misted it with water before I stamped it on water color paper.  I used a baby blue water color pencil in the background and then painted water on top.  I thought the yellow bakers twine looked like sunshine. :-) It's a little hard to see, but I also embossed some lines on the front of the card as a frame around the flowers.




This one I also did with markers and then misting. When I got this Zig Zag stamp I immediately thought of a rainbow.  I had to try it. It makes me happy, happy, happy.  I thought the black would be a nice contrast to the rainbow, so I heat embossed the greeting in white on the black strip.  I added some diamond gems for glitter. 


Thanks so much for stopping by and taking a peek at what I've been up to.  I will be back soon with some more sharing.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Jess these are all so pretty! what a wicked prize pack!!! i'm so happy to see you making things with your goodies...the green cards are my personal faves cause i love woodgrain and those silhouette circle images so much (perfect amount of pearls too, if you ask me) and the chevron card...did you color each one with markers? looks fab!

Jess said...

Barb, I did color each line with markers. Then I misted with some water. It turned out so happy looking, didn't it? Thanks for stopping by and looking. ((Hugs))

Emily Pitts said...

i've totally been into pearls lately too, so i'm not one to judge if there are too many :) these are so pretty, that woodgrain is lovely!

Marty said...

These are lovely! May I ask what kind of markers you used? Such vibrant colors-

Barb King said...

Jess, this tulip card is gorgeous! I got that stamp last month and haven't used it yet, but now I will. Thanks for checking, and take a peep at my blog.
www.king-designs.blogspot.com
We should follow each other!

Suzanne Russell said...

These are each wonderful and unique. I love your creative style. The bright red "watercolored" tulips card is my favorite. Congrats on winning the digi-kit at Hero Arts Social Club-well deserved. :)