Followers

Friday, January 6, 2012

Lucy's Simple Sketches

I have been watching Lucy, this past week, post some card sketches.  I have loved how simple they are, yet elegant.  Each card is so simple it really focuses on the pretty papers and cute embellishments she carefully chose.


Here is my card for day one.  I decided to make all my cards Valentine's day cards.  I thought it would be a great way to tie them all in together and knock out some cute cards for the upcoming holiday.

This card uses Doodlebug papers, Doodle bug rub on letters and a sticker by Martha Stewart.  I stitched with my sewing machine on each card.


I have this pack of pie stickers that I have had kicking around for awhile. I love the glitter on it.  The card turned out berry sweet. ( Hee Hee!)


Here is a link to the second sketch by Lucy.  http://hedgehogsandladybirds.blogspot.com/2011/12/sketch-week-day-2.html

This one was so quick to make that I could hardly believe it.  I love it's sweet simplicity.

The papers are by Doodlebug, the stamp is clear embossed on the patterned paper is by Stampendous, the sentiment stamp is by Hero Arts and embossed with white embossing powder. The red heart has Diamond Stickels.  I love the bling!


Here is a link to Lucy's sketch for day #3.  http://hedgehogsandladybirds.blogspot.com/2011/12/sketch-week-day-3.html

Lots of hearts!! Oh, and I am officially in love with Diamond Stickels.  Fabulous!

I used Doodlebug pattered paper, Hero Arts sentiment stamp, white embossing powder and pop dots.


Here is a link to Lucy's sketch for day #4.  http://hedgehogsandladybirds.blogspot.com/2012/01/sketch-week-day-4.html

The circle is an interesting change.  I colored the staples with some Copic markers to color them red. I like how it turned out.  The clear heart was another fun thing I had waiting for a home for a long while. :-)  I didn't have enough stickers or rubons to make the sentiment curve around the circle like Lucy's, but I think it still looks nice.

I used Doodlebug papers, a Stampin Up sentiment stamp, white embossing powder, a Signo white pen, and the heart is by Heidi Swapp.


Here is a link to Lucy's sketch for Day #5. It is a mirror image of day #2. I decided to go with the bird theme.  I like how this one turned out too.

I used Doodlebug patterned paper, a Stampin Up bird punch, Hero Arts sentiment stamp and heart shaped gems. 


Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek at my interpretations of Lucy's sketches.  I love following along with challenges and this was a great one. :-)  I hope the new year is treating all of you well so far. 

2 comments:

Priya said...

Thank you so much Jess for visiting my blog... I am glad you liked it.. Your cards are b'ful! I love the way you have kept the same theme for all the sketches.. I particularly liked the last one with heart shaped pearls..

Anonymous said...

Jess, these are wonderful interpretations of Lucy's sketches! That first card is especially lovely (and making me hungry lol), the glitter is fantastic. Great work here!