Followers

Thursday, November 3, 2011

In a creative funk

Hi everyone. Do you ever get into a creative funk? I am feeling that way yesterday and today. Last night I decided to pull out my sketching journal and get a little creative in that. I hoped it would get me back in the groove.

For this first page I colored the background with five colors of Distress Inks.  Then I sprayed the whole thing with a light blue Tattered Angels glimmer mist.  I stamped the flourish with Faded Jeans Distress Ink.  I punched the snowflake from some vellum with a Martha Stewart punch. I traced some of the flourish with a white gel pen and added the sparkly gems. Of course the handwriting is mine.  I wrote it with a calligraphy marker I have, by Zig.




This page turned out kind of dark. I started by drawing the flowers with a 005 tip Zig pen.  I colored everything in with Crayola brand pastels.  It wasn't what I had in mind, but that is OK.  I was doing it for fun.

I'm not sure if I'm back in the groove yet.  I will post some cards that I need to make today or tomorrow. I hope you all are having a safe and happy Autumn. It is snowy here in Colorado. :-)

No comments: