Followers

Thursday, October 27, 2011

I am getting back in the groove...

Hello all.  I am getting back in the groove.  I haven't made very many cards lately.  I pushed myself and made two today. Crazy!

This first one is for the Hero Arts monthly challenge.  One of the challenges is to make a Holiday card using stamps that are not Holiday themed.  This intrigued me. I had to try it.  I used a script background stamp by Stampabilities.  It is stamped in a very pale brown. It's quite hard to see.  Then I used clear ink to stamp the Large Fabric Background stamp onto the script.  After it was heat embossed I used the green and red ink to fill in the spaces where there wasn't any embossing.  Jennifer McGuire calls this trapped embossed resist.  I love it!

I searched around and found this Stencil Flower stamp.  I stamped and heat embossed it in gold on this white paper.  I cut away most of the petals and made it look like a poinsettia.  I colored in the center a little with some Scattered Straw Distress Ink. I also stamped it in green and cut out some petals to use as leaves.



Here is a close up of the gold beads I used in the center of the flower.  The greeting is also a greeting you could use for other occasions.



Here is a look at the birthday card I made for my husband.  He is having a birthday tomorrow.  I stamped the fern in Old Olive ink and blended some other colors all over the front of the card.  I added some string, a few gems and a Happy Birthday greeting.  I love how colorful it is, yet still simple.  The colors are reminiscent of Autumn, but still happy.


Thanks for stopping by to take a peek.  I am going to get into the groove again soon, making my Christmas cards. I am still trying to choose if I want something cute and fun, or more traditional this year.  What are you making?  I hope you all are  having a safe and happy Autumn.

2 comments:

GrammySue's Creations said...

I love both of your cards--love how you turned the nontraditional stamps into a Christmas theme. These are awesome techniques. These cards are beautifully done.

Diane said...

I love the way that you did the green and red ink. At first I didn't understand, but then I googled the fabric background stamp and see that it stamps the background and leaves the flowers "bare." I will have to try this technique. I can't see it in the photo, but the text background must look pretty showing through.