Followers

Friday, September 16, 2011

Monogram Fun!!

Hi all!  I did a little project today that I have been itching to do.  Do you have one of those?   I have been collecting some pictures on Pinterest of collages.  One kind that I'm attracted to that I've been seeing a lot is a monogram.  You form the letters out of some fun things you have on hand and then glue it all down and frame it.  These next couple of photos are ones that I have been inspired by.


I decided that today is the day.  I didn't ever read anything on how to do it, so I just winged it. Below is my final product.  I think it turned out just like I was picturing it, so that is a success in my book.


 If you have made one and used a different method, I would love you to leave a link in the comments. I could have pulled out my Silhouette, but I thought this wouldn't be a hard shape to cut out.  I printed the first letter of my last name in the font of my liking.  I cut the letter out with an Exacto knife.  Here is my little template below.


I chose some green card stock and cut it to the right size.  Then I laid down my template and held it in place with some reposition able adhesive. Then I got out all my buttons and gems and started gluing.  I went from the top down and adhered color by color.  It is sparkletastic!! (I just made that word up just for this monogram!)


My projects don't always turn out the way I picture them in my head.  That is totally OK.  But when things go your way and you have fun doing it, it is a good crafting day. 

The whole frame is only 9 X 9" square.  It isn't all that big, but I hope all the colors will mean some fun impact. I am planning a wall of pictures and art all framed in white frames along our staircase.  This will be one of the first items I will hang.  I love all the colors and shapes.  I think it will look happy.

Thanks for stopping by to take a peek at what I made today.  Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

this is so pretty! love the idea...would make a gift. thanks for showing your process and how you were inspired. i love it :)