Followers

Friday, March 25, 2011

100th Post

Hello friends.  I am so pleased to announce that this is my 100th post on my blog.  I've been writing here for quite awhile.  I know a lot of other bloggers would have reached 100 posts by now.  I'm proud, none the less. 

For my 100th post I created this Happy Birthday card.  I will be entering it into the Hero Arts monthly contest they have at their website and on their Flickr group.  I created this card using several papers from the Basic Gray Cappella 6 X 6" paper pad. I love those pads.  They are a less expensive alternative and the patterns are reduced in size for smaller projects.  They are perfect choices for cards.

I adhered the patterned paper that I trimmed to 4" by 5 & 1/4" to the front of the card.  Then I stitched around it using my sewing machine.  Next I added some ivory lace trim that I had hanging around.  The butterfly was stamped twice on some Very Vanilla card stock by Stampin Up.  I used Tuxedo Black ink by Mementos and then colored it in with Copic markers once the ink was dry.  I punched one butterfly out with my new label punch by Stampin Up. The second one I coated with Crackle Glossy Accents and let it dry.  When it was dry and super crackled up, I cut it out and layered it on top with some foam adhesive.  I love adding dimension this way.  :-)  I layered it onto two more papers from the Basic Gray Capella collection and put the whole thing on top of the lace with more foam adhesive.  Lastly I stamped my greeting  on some more yummy Basic Gray and punched it out with that label shape again, turned on it's side this time. ( I am loving that punch! )


On the inside of the card I used the rest of that sheet I used to stamp and punch the greeting on the front. I stamped the butterfly along the bottom using some pale Distress Ink.  I like that it looks so faded. :-)
 Here is a close up of that fun and pretty crackle effect.
 To top it all off I also decorated a matching envelope.  I stamped some more of the butterflies and then inked up a small stamping block to make a rectangle for the name of the recipient.  I added a small amount of Distress Ink around the outer edge to frame it all off.   I love stamping on the envelope too.  It really gives the recipient a teaser as to what is inside the envelope.
Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek at my 100th post. I hope there will be many more to come.

No comments: