Followers

Saturday, March 14, 2009

So busy

I wanted to blog today. I just don't have much time.

Here is a quick update of what has been going on. I got Strep throat. I finished my meds yesterday. It wasn't so bad, but I was so tired the whole 10 days. I didn't have much energy. When I did have some energy I was using it for work, laundry and cleaning the kid's rooms.

If you have been over here any time since right before Christmas you know their rooms were scary. We have cleaned up, taken out some toys that don't get used any more and they are both getting desks and new bookshelves. We are almost done and it is looking much better. Also the desks and bigger bookshelves have drawers which will give us more storage. (I'll post some pics in the next couple of days.) This is a blessing as they are more into writing and drawing these days. We are drowning in paper, pencils and other fun supplies. It's also shocking how much paper they bring home from school. Their new work spaces will give us the help we need to keep it a little more contained.

Next is the rest of the house. Mainly we are frightened by the basement and garage. This will take some time, but we are determined. We will also be painting the outside of the house this spring. There is some disagreement between Duane and I if we will be doing it ourselves or hiring some painters to do it for us. I say we save some $$ and do it ourselves. Duane doesn't like chores any more and wants to sit and watch others do it for him. Vote in the comments section to tell us who wins. A free prize for all who vote for me. (Probably a homemade card with some chocolate inside.)

Love you all. Hope you are enjoying any sunshine there might be peeking out wherever you are today.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

You win. Do it yourselves. Let the girls help!