Followers

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

What I'm working on...

Hello everyone!

I have been enjoying having my evenings for my family and my projects. I have been working on a quilt for a group I belong to with church. You may remember I made a quilt last year from donated fabrics. I am doing this again. I am using some flannels this time. They are different to work with. I am enjoying it.

 I have been super inspired by all of the photos I've been seeing of the CHA releases. I have missed stamping so much. I decided to take a break from the quilt for one night and participate in a challenge.
This card is for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. The link to the challenge is here:http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/

The challenge this week is to create an inky background. I had no trouble coming up with something like that. :-)
I inked the background using Peacock Feathers and Salty Ocean Distress Inks. I added a little Momento Grey around the edges. Then I inked up the Hero Arts background stamp in the same colors I created the background with and then stamped them over it. After it was all dry I heat embossed the Simon Says Stamp greeting and hearts with Versa Mark Ink and Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder.
 I love the colors of the inks and the embossing powder together. The sequins and gems were added last. I am mailing this to a friend whose father passed away.
Thank you for stopping by. I would love for you to link to your projects so I can see what you are working on, in the comments.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

This is such a pretty card! Love the colors of the background! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra