Followers

Monday, March 10, 2014

Stopping by to say "Hi"

I told you it wouldn't be long until my next blog post!

I made this set of four cards as a teacher gift. I know it's awhile until the end of the school year, but it takes me so long lately to complete a project I thought I should get going. I made these four cards over two days. It is slow sometimes, but at least I'm squeaking in time. :-)

I wanted to use some Distress Inks in my project. I haven't made a mess with them in awhile and I knew they could give me the look I had in mind. I used water color paper and embossed the Tim Holtz Flourish stamp in copper embossing powder. I then inked with lots of colors of ink and then spritzed like crazy. 

 I embossed the sentiment on the chocolate brown in copper too. I then added a small pop dot in the center and adhered it flat on the ends. It's subtle dimension. Just enough.
Of course I made matching envelopes as well. The inside also has a little of the flourish stamped as well.
I inherited an older DSLR camera. I am trying it out here. I have a lot to learn about the settings so bear with me. I'm sorry if these are a tiny bit blurry and not quite the right colors. I can't wait to figure it out and post some better pics. 

2 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous thank you card! Love the blended background of Distress inks! Thanks for joining along with Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Alrik said...

Very nice card.