Followers

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Sketch book

While we have been doing so much home improvement around here I haven't had time for any major craftiness.  I sometimes grab my sketchbook though.  I'm not the most talented you've ever seen, but it takes my mind off of things.  I just wanted to share a few of the pages.

This first one I drew and then I did the shading and coloring a few days later.

 This one I wrote the words and punched out the hearts and then I spritzed the next day.  I finished it up yesterday with the stamping.  I like that I used the hearts I punched out on the bottom right three different times.

 This one I did the stamping and heat embossing of the flowers one day and then the coloring and writing the next day.  No big rush on these pages.  I let myself take my time.
 I don't have to mail them anywhere or post them to a contest.  I just do what I want to do.  Sometimes I let it sit for a day or two so that I can envision what I want to do while I'm working on other things.
When you create something simple, just to please yourself, you have all the time in the world.  If I want to add something to one of the pages in the future, I can just go back and add a little more.  No big deal.  It's just for fun and practice.  Do you keep a sketch book?  Do jot down ideas?  This can help in your journey of being creative.  It all ties back in to the topic in my videos.  What do you think?  What do you like to do?  Are you a perfectionist?  I am trying to be less of one. It is hard for me to post these sketches that I do.  I'm pushing myself to let go of it sometimes. :-)

1 comment:

Helen said...

Such lovely sketches - your flowers are wonderful. I sometimes sketch if I can't get anything else done!