Followers

Saturday, September 25, 2010

More Clean and Simple-With Crackle!

Here is another clean and simple entry for the Caardvarks challenge. I feel like it's lacking something, but can't put my finger on it. I tried some ribbon and string, but neither looked right. So here it is...
I embossed another scalloped circle with my Quickutz embossing folder. Then I stamped the Hero Arts, Scroll Tree stamp using Versa Mark ink and Classy Copper embossing powder from Stampin Up. It turned out so smooth and perfect. I love it when that happens. I had some paper left that I had smeared and blended with Twinkling H2O's. I punched the leaves out with an EK Success punch that I have and adhered them with glue dots. Then I used a paper piercer, with an old mouse pad underneath my project, and pierced the holes to indicate the trail that the leaves are taking in the wind. I stamped the greeting with some Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink by Ranger. Last I coated the leaves with Crackle Glossy Accents. Letting it dry and not messing with it is so hard. :-)

Here is a close up of the leaves. You can see the crackle, but not the shimmer of the Twinkling H2O's. It is so pretty in person. The leaves shimmer under that crackle medium. It is so pretty. The crackle kind of like the veins in a real leaf.
What do you think? Does it need something else? Maybe a shadow under the tree to ground it? I can't figure it out. Thanks for looking.
:-) Have a great weekend.

3 comments:

Diana said...

This is simple and elegant. Just PERFECT and I love it! Thanks for visiting my blog!

Nancy said...

Beautiful design...I love those colorful leaves and the wonderful details you added!
bless you!

ellen said...

WOW! Thats the most perfect card i´v seen in while! And those little leaves (Y) just adorable!